onsdag 24 december 2008

Swedish Christmas in England


So this is a bit weird - whereas everything at home as stopped, here the post is still being delivered and the shops are still open; no sign of the famous Christmas pudding though - we'll have to see. I understand that it has so many calories that I might have to swim to Argentina just to get rid of them... Anyway, more on that this evening when I drunkblog!!!

Yesterday we went to Exeter to do some shopping - nice town, apparently voted the nicest place in the UK to live a couple of years ago, although not really my cup of tea. Here is a picture of the cathedral :-) which I thought was quite nice... and you can read all about it here: http://www.exeter-cathedral.org.uk/. It's a really nice building and by far and away the best thing that I saw there.

However, Paul mentioned that things had changed quite a bit - and it struck me how messed up (I was going to use the f-word, but this is a family blog :-) ) the UK economy is. There are sales on with up to 60% discounts and one shop even had a 95% discount on everything, which makes me think that they are not going to be around for much longer. Finished off the Christmas shopping, as I am a guest in the household and made my way back to Cornwall for the evening.

I can imagine that you are intruiged by the Christmas pudding, I know that I am... and so I'll come back to you later on that.

For all of you in Sweden, GOD JUL!!!!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar