fredag 26 december 2008

A long and eventful journey

So we are finally here - as you can see British Airways economy seats are OK for bears of a certain stature, but less for strapping Englishmen weighing 100 kilos.

Having finally digested the last of the Christmas pudding, Sidekick chauffeured me from Cornwall around midday to central London to pick up Gary and then head to the airport to catch the flight. Of course, there was a lounge involved and so whereas I was busy trying to work out what to do on the first day in South America, the other two were talking about Lanson Pink and how bad the Piper Heidseck was... All Chinese to me...

Finally got on the plane and took off and sat next to a Belgian woman who was delighted to hear that Paul spoke Dutch. I think that Paul expected to exchange a few pleasantries, but in the end had to help her shift her handbag around the plane amonst other random tasks. Even the listening to the iPod and reading the Jan Guillou book didn't seem to help as she kept on talking to him. Eventually, he had to resort to Ambien to put him to sleep (I still think that she kept talking to him anyway, tee hee hee)

She was quite interesting (but I admire Paul, given that 15 hours is a little beyond the call of duty) and talked about moving to Argentina with her son, and how she had had 13 operations (medical, not plastic) on various parts of her body... I think that he had had more than his fair share of Belgian tittle-tattle when she offered him wine at 9:30am...

In the end, we made a mad dash for it and now we have made it to the hotel - getting ready to go out for a beer and some lunch; yes I know it's 4pm, but we have to get into the swing of the Latin life... Sounds like a recipe for indigestion to me....

More soon, but I am rather tired following a 25 hour journey - so from me, Paul and Gary - Feliz Navidad from Buenos Aires

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar