lördag 3 januari 2009

Don't cry for me Argentina...



Today was another mammoth trip around the city and it definitely had an Evita theme to the whole thing. First of all we went to the Evita Museum which celebrated (and I mean celebrated) her life in all its forms - we got to see her acting skills on the big screen, her amazing oratory abilities on the balcony of the Casa Rosada and some of the reforms that she bought to Argentina. Plus, there were some amazing clothes and possessions that made the story of her life really quite vivid... Some of the details might not have been 100% accurate historically, but it was really well done and for some reason reminded me of the Anne Frank museum.

We then went over to Recoleta Cemetery to look at the final resting place of Eva Peron and it was really packed. The cemetery itself was beautiful, but the Duarte (Evita's maiden name) mausoleum was down one of the smaller alleyways and so it was difficult to get to - not unlike a certain oil painting with an enigmatic smile...

I can safely say that I know more about Eva Peron now, than I did before...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar